Echo Park Bundle of Joy Baby Album

Happy Friday!
I'm popping by today to share a post for Scrapbooks by Design!

Our church recently had an auction sale to raise money for missions. 
It's always a lot of fun and there's always so many crafty items that turn up....from knitting projects to beautiful wood work items, sewn baby blankets, doll clothes, quilts, etc.  Well, this year I decided I would donate a baby album.  I had been drooling over the new baby lines by Echo Park and when I mentioned to a friend what I was thinking of doing, she suggested that I do an album for a baby girl.  

Well, I jumped on it and chose the "Bundle of Joy/A New Addition - Baby Girl Collection Kit".
I decided to create an album from a written tutorial I had purchased from Paper Phenomenon/Kathy Orta, so I actually needed two of these kits...I still have a few leftovers for some cute cards yet though!  The thing I love about the kits is that you have all the coordinating paper from the entire collection, and you have the matching stickers and alphas!
I've also used some of the chipboard elements as well as a decorative brad from the collection.

Well enough chit chat...how about some pics...sorry there's quite a few!

Let's begin with the front cover...


...as you can see I've used a chipboard piece paired with a sticker to create a little medallion.  
The blue floral piece as well as the pink polka dotted piece are photo mats that pull out of the front cover.  


The first flap on the cover opens up to reveal those photo mats as well as a second flap.  
That adorable little sentiment card is one of several that are included in this fabulous paper line. 


This is what the cover looks like fully open.  I've added a mat for a 3.5"x5" photo along the side flap and a 5"x7" photo in the centre.

Now moving along to opening the album itself...


When you open the the album, the first thing you see is some fun paper and images from the paper collection and a place to mount two 4"x6" photos.  However it doesn't stop there...each of these pages open up to display more pretty goodness!


Remember those cute matted pieces with the barn and the alphabet...well they fold over to have more photos mounted on the back of them.  Once they are folded out, you find a pocket that will hold more photos or even a few special cards you'd like to keep from all those well wishes you receive when baby is born.  I've included five photo mats in the pocket...four 4"x6" and one 5"x7" mat...some of them have been created from left over scrap paper and some of them are journaling cards included in the paper collection. 

Moving along, let's flip open the other side of the album!


As you can see, the previously viewed side has been closed up and the other side of the album has been opened to show even more areas for photos.  The centre will fit a larger photo, and the half page will hold a 3.5"x5" in the upper pocket and a 4"x6" in the bottom pocket. 


When you flip the half page, you will see there is once again more photo mounting opportunities.
On the side adjacent to the half page, I've created just a fun page where parents or grandparents can record baby stats.  The little barn scene has been created using the stickers included in the collection.  


Flipping the pages once again, I've created a page ready for a 4"x6" photo and a decorative page featuring one of the small sentiment cards.  The "Baby" sentiment on the second page are once again stickers from the collection.  The bird above the sentiment card is from the chipboard accents.  


Another flip of the centre page reveals another pocket where I have once again added five photo mats of various sizes.   The flipped page has been prepared for another 4"x6" photo.  Once again I've used stickers here...the sentiment on the pocket as well as the adorable owl and sentiment on the other page.  

And lastly, the matching gift/storage box for the album.  I featured this several days ago, however thought I'd give you a quick peek once again with this posting.  


I hope you've enjoyed the tour of today's creation.

I also hope you will stop by Scrapbooks by Design's online store and treat yourself.  This collection boasts so much more...including washi tape as well as enamel dots!  There's even 6"x6" paper packs and add on paper packs that are perfect for card making!  And, let's not leave the baby boys out of this all...they have an adorable collection by Echo Park all of their own.  You can view the boys line here.

Well, that's all for me today!
Thanks for stopping by!
I'd love to hear what you think about this gift set!
Please feel free to leave me a comment!

13 comments

Nancy said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS album, Tracey! Somebody is going to have a fantastic time filling it up with photos and memories! I just received a huge order from Scrapbooks by Design! I love that store!
Which Kathy Orta tutorial is it? I'd love to know the name, please and thank you! :o)

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Thanks Nancy! So glad to hear that you're enjoying shopping with Scrapbooks by Design! They will be moving into a bigger warehouse which means a bigger selection to order from! Yay! The tutorial is the Kathy Orta Gift Card Folio. I had to make a different style box because I over matted and over embellished...she warns you about that on the video...and I thought I was doing ok...but hence...I did not! LOL The box with the tutorial is super cool! Be sure to check out the video on YouTube!
Hugs,
Tracey

Nancy said...

Thanks so much, Tracey! I'll go check it out! :o)

N-Eva said...

Fabulous baby album and great design. …. Such a sweet project. Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Bunny said...

This is beyond cute from beginning to end. I love this. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Melanie said...

A wonderful album for a baby!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "and a baby makes 3” challenge over at Come and Get it & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)

Penny said...

Such an amazing project, I am amazed at the detail.


Thanks for visiting our Pretty in Pink Challenge at Polkadoodles
Penny (Polkadoodles DT)

Barb said...

Fabulous project, so very well designed. Thanks for sharing with us at Come And Get It. Barb

Susan Hogan said...

What a fabulous gift for a parent/grandparent. So pretty and love all the adorable baby animals and farm scenes (being a farm girl myself!). As I have said earlier, simply stunning.

Robin said...

Great album Tracey! Love the paper!

NickScrapShack said...

This is wonderful. I love every inch of it. So cute paper!
Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
Nick

Bev said...

What a fabulous project. We appreciate you taking the time to join in our 'Pretty & Pink' challenge over at Polkadoodles this fortnight. http://polkadoodle.blogspot.ca/2015/04/week-15-pink-and-pretty-polkadoodles.html

Claire said...

Wow what a beautiful project, it must have taken ages but well worth it! Thanks so much for joining our Pink and Pretty challenge at http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk
Claire xx

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!